IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 is a great opportunity for the Engineering graduates to get recruited in Fortune global 500 listed PSUs. Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is one of the dream companies for the Top rank holders in the GATE exam.
You might have a question in your mind if you are not much aware of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). Let me give you some facts about why many good rank holders of the GATE exam look for Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
Why should I work in Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)?
- As India’s flagship Oil & Gas major, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has been fulfilling the energy needs of the nation for over six decades, With a turnover of Rs.5,66,950 in 2019-20.
- Indian Oil is India’s top-ranked State-owned commercial enterprise in the Fortune Global 500 listing.
- Indian Oil operates Asia’s one of the largest Refineries, Pipelines, and Marketing infrastructure and owns some of the most trusted super-brands like INDANE and SERVO.
- The R&D Centre of Indian Oil is India’s foremost commercial Centre of research excellence in the areas of lubricants, oil refining, fuel additives, engine testing, materials sciences, and environmental sciences.
- Empowered with the ‘Maharatna‘ status.
Recruitment in (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)IOCL through GATE 2021
To fuel its future growth, Indian Oil is looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers with bright academic record to join the Organization as Engineers/Officers via IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021.
Eligibility Criteria: IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021
Engineering Disciplines eligible for IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021
The GATE 2021 Qualified candidates in the following Engineering Disciplines are eligible to apply for IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021. GATE score of the previous year(<2021) shall not be accepted.
|Engineering Disciplines Through GATE 2021||Eligible GATE paper Code|
|Chemical Engineering(including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/ Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc)||CH|
|Civil Engineering(excluding Construction /Environmental/Transportation Engineering etc.)||CE|
|Electrical Engineering(including Electrical & Electronics Engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Power Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering etc.)||EE|
|Mechanical Engineering(excluding Automation/ Bio-medical Engineering/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engineering & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)||ME|
IOCL Age limit through GATE 2021
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021 age limit is set as Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2021 for General and Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) category candidates. Relaxation in upper age limit for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates will be applicable against reserved posts as per the Presidential Directives as below:
Upper Age Limit
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 & 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs/SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.||5 Years|
Minimum marks in qualifying degree category wise: IOCL Recruitment 2021
You should have secured the following minimum marks in the qualifying degree examination if you want yourself to be called for an interview for IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021
|Category||Minimum % Marks|
|General/OBC(NCL)/EWS category candidates||65%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/|
PwBD category candidates
Important points: Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination for recruitment through GATE 2021
- Percentage (%) of marks obtained by the candidate in BE/ B.Tech/ Equivalent will be reckoned to decide the eligibility towards meeting the above criteria. Calculation of percentage of marks in the qualifying degree would be governed by institute/university rules.
- Wherever final marks have been awarded as letter grade (CGPA/GPI/SGPA etc), the candidate shall calculate the equivalent percentage of marks as per the conversion formula adopted by the respective institute/university. Such candidates would be required to submit the conversion certificate to this effect at the time of the Personal Interview if shortlisted.
IOCL Recruitment 2021: Candidates pursuing Integrated course / Dual Course / PG Courses
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any discipline, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed BE/ B.Tech in one of the relevant mentioned disciplines and must have appeared in GATE 2021 examination in the respective discipline of their BE/ B.Tech,
- Example: If a candidate has completed (or is pursuing) his/her M.Tech in Power Systems and if he/she has done his/her BE/B. Tech in Electrical Engineering (which is one of the core disciplines advertised by Indian Oil), he/she will be eligible to apply, only if he/she has appeared in GATE – 2021 in Electrical Engineering discipline and has qualified in GATE 2021 examination.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, only if they have already completed (or are completing) the course requirement for the award of BE/ B.Tech in one of the disciplines advertised above and have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech by August 2021). At the end of the program, if selected in Indian Oil, such candidates must have both BE/B. Tech and ME/M.Tech degree.
- If a candidate pursues integrated ME/M. Tech Programs and is awarded two separate degrees i.e. BE/B. Tech and ME/M. Tech, then the % of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/BTech will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidate.
- If a single degree i.e. ME/M. Tech is awarded to the candidate at the end of the integrated program, then the consolidated marks obtained by the candidate at the end of integrated ME/M. Tech program will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility.
Reservation eligibility in IOCL recruitment through GATE 2021
|Reserved Category||Eligibility Prerequisites|
|Other backward classes(OBC)||1) The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ‘Central|
list of Other Backward Classes’.
2) The candidates must not belong to the creamy layer. Candidates belonging to the OBC category, but falling in the creamy layer, will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
3) The candidates need to furnish their latest OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by the Government of India and it must not be more than 6 months old.
|Economically weaker section(EWS)||1) Should not be covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8.00 lakhs from all sources.|
2) Also, persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:
> 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
> Residential flat of 1000 sq ft. and above;
> Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
> Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
3) The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
4) The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents, and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
5) The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
Shortlisting Criteria: IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021
|1||Candidates have to essentially qualify in GATE-2021 in the relevant discipline to be eligible for shortlisting for Personal Interview (PI) & Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT).|
|2||Eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on marks obtained by them in GATE2021 in respective disciplines for further selection process consisting of PI and GD/GT.|
|3||Short-listing will be based on the merit of the candidates from different categories in line with the reservation policy of the Government of India. Hence, merely qualifying in the GATE-2021 examination does not guarantee shortlisting for GD/GT and Personal Interview.|
Selection Process: Engineers and GAEs through GATE 2021 in IOCL
|1||Only GATE 2021 marks of the candidate in the relevant Engineering disciplines is valid for this recruitment exercise under this advertisement. Marks from the previous year’s GATE examinations are not valid.|
|2||Graduate Engineers from the relevant Engineering disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil should have appeared in GATE 2021 from the same discipline in which they have pursued their engineering in BE/B.Tech/Equivalent.|
|3||Candidate has to essentially qualify in GATE – 2021 examination to be eligible for getting shortlisted for PI and GD/GT.|
|4||On the basis of GATE-2021 marks, the candidates will be shortlisted for further selection process comprising of the following for assessment of different facets of candidate’s knowledge, skills, competencies:|
> Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT)
> Personal Interview (PI)
|5||Candidates will have to separately qualify in Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI) successfully to be eligible for merit listing.|
|6||Final Merit List will be prepared based on the consolidated marks scored by the candidate in the following:|
> GATE-2021 marks
Merit will be prepared category-wise for each discipline.
Salary in IOCL after GATE: Candidates selected as Engineers/Officers
|1||Candidates selected as Engineers/Officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs. 50,000/-per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, and as amended from time to time.|
|2||Other allowances /benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, gratuity, contributory Provident fund, employees’ pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, performance-related pay (PRP) etc as per rules of the corporation.|
|3||The gross valuation of remuneration to the company will be about Rs. 15.10 Lakhs per annum inclusive of performance-related pay (PRP). The actual remuneration may vary depending on the place of posting, financial performance of the Corporation, and also performance rating of individuals.|
What is IOCL in hand salary through gate?
After all allowances and deductions, IOCL in hand salary through GATE is around 80k-85k.
How to Apply: IOCL recruitment through GATE 2021 Apply online
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply online for IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2021
|1||Log on to: https://iocl.com/|
|2||Indian Oil for You|
|3||IndianOil for Careers|
|4||Latest Job Openings|
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021: Important Dates
|IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021||5 Oct. 2020|
|Online Application Commencement||To be notified|
|Last Date to Apply Online||To be notified|
|Status of Shortlisted candidates||To be notified|
|Final Merit list||To be notified|
Be the first to get notification regarding all the important updates of IOCL recruitment 2021 by subscribing to us.
To cover up your all queries here is a list of FAQs. Have look on it.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
No, Not at all. IOCL never ask for any application fee.
IOCL haven’t disclosed any number of vacancies yet.
Yes, Selected candidates will have to execute a bond to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining the corporation according to their Category.
You would have to login into the career section of the IOCL official website and apply there for GET recruitment through GATE 2021.
Yes, IOCL recruit ECE students but this time for IOCL recruitment through GATE 2021, IOCL has excluded ECE students.
Here is a help in your strategy of time allocation to each subject as per their marks Weightage in GATE Chemical engineering paper.
Check Revised Chemical Engineering Syllabus for GATE 2021.